April 25th, 2008
Electronics are no doubt popular online products. Browse top dropship lists and see that most offers come from electronics suppliers. So from my point electronics are not the best products to focus though they sell really well.
What strategy to select for those dropship affiliates who are eager to build their business around electronics? I think the answer is similar to the tips you get when you ask how to enter his or that business with hard competition – choose a narrow niche (but with good demand) or focus on trends and new products coming to the market.
If you browse our category of dropship case studies and compare earnings across a number of products dropshipped you will see that electronics is not the top earner. So, I do not want you to discourage to enter electronics dropship business, I just tell you of my own opinion – though personally I have never tried to dropship electronics due to the above reasons.
This post case study does not impress me with the profits though the site could be a nice addition to the portfolio of similar dropship businesses to those who run dropship projects in the same niche.
Established e-commerce computer mod site
Great way to get into ecommerce and build a business
• URL: www.pcextreme.com
• Established: Mon Mar 31 2003
• Monthly Revenue: 100
• Listed: Mon Apr 21 2008
• BIN: $3 000
This store has been in business since 2003 selling computer parts and mod supplies. We are resellers for a larger, well known supplier that has arranged to drop ship all of our products. You have the option to continue to drop ship or stock your own inventory.
We have stopped all advertising so traffic and sales are pretty low. The store has huge potential if you put the time into it. Even with minimal advertising, the sales will jump exponentially. Once you get established you can further increase your profits.
The site is currently getting about 400-500 visitor a day. Most of these are coming from google.
Why are we selling:
The site is a business and requires time. Unfortunately, we do not have the time that is necessary to sustain or even take the business to the next level. Instead of letting the business slide along on auto-pilot, we are looking to sell.
April 23rd, 2008
The first and the foremost thing about eBay business is getting this business rolled. Despite the fact that the modern technology made online selling as fast and as simple as never before, a lot of new retailers find the process frustrating. Most of them give up during the very first stage of selling a product – Sell Your Item form.
Make it Simple
A number of guys faced this kind of problem when they decided to sell snow tires on eBay. They just didn’t know how to list the item, so they came together and gave it a serious thinking:
“Wouldn’t it be neat if you could have expert assistance you could call and they could run you through it…and if you didn’t like to be on your computer, you could do it on your phone.”
The idea developed into the service known as Recellers
The service provided by Recellers is the following: you just need a camera or a camera phone. You make a shot of the object you want to sell and send this photo to Recellers. In a matter of minutes they call you and give useful guidance on how to list the item on eBay. They will do everything for you: go to eBay and fill in the entire Sell Your Item form.
Getting Wonderful Deals
The experts of the service will help you in every possible way: they will give you step-by-step guidance and even advice you on the best methods of shipping goods. They will help you answer the following questions:
- What keywords should I use for this of that item?
- What is the best title?
- What should a description feature?
- Should I bold the product?
- What is my most effective pricing tactics?
- What is the best time for the auction?
- In which category should I list the item?
Plummer (the founder of Recellers) continues:
“Market research showed that you could get more money if you could drive more buyers that were looking for an item, and have a true auction, rather than a few people that were just half interested, or stumbled across your listing.”
This is the way you can list the items. But before selling products you need to get them somewhere. I suggest using the wholesale supplier database created by dropshiparea. It features the trusted and checked suppliers that will enable you to have everything you need in stock all the time and never be bothered of running out of supplies.
April 21st, 2008
As I have already mentioned it is a common knowledge that about 60% of all retail purchases fall to the holiday season. What does it give you as an Internet retailer? It gives you invaluable knowledge and the opportunity to drag loyal clients and thus deliver the money into your pocket.
You have to be aware not to be taken by surprise to the holiday season. It is a common misconception that it starts after the Thanksgiving. In fact, it starts way earlier.
Lisa Suttora, of WhatDoISell.com, comments:
“Holiday shoppers actually come online right about mid-August, when back-to-school-shopping tapers off, and they stay online until the end of January [when] they’ve spent all the extra holiday money.”
So what conclusion would you do out of the above stated fact? Yes…You are right – you have to prepare for the season beforehand.
But how can I do that?
1. If you don’t want to catch up with dozens of faster retailers, prepare you inventory in advance.
- Organize the stock of the inventory and decide what products should be listed
- Do all the operations (photographing, uploading, writing descriptions) systematically. Create your own step-by-step system that will help you economize the time and efforts.
2. Get prepared with the shipping plan
- Get all the required material for shipping in advance, because you will find out that during the season even they might turn out hard to find
- Prepackage the products if possible
- Find reliable product suppliers beforehand. You don’t want to end up with dozens of backorders when you find that the supplier doesn’t have the products you need, do you? So you have to make sure that you’ve signed up with the suppliers that won’t run out of stock at the beginning of the season (if you still wonder where you can find such wholesale suppliers, you can consult our directory of suppliers)
3. Adjust to your customers’ desires.
- Suggest gift-wrapping and you’ll see that the clients appreciate it
- Make sure that you offer multiple shipping options
- Think in advance of the possible combinations of products to make gift packages
And eventually make sure that your customer service is equal to the occasion. Answer the email fast and take care of your customer’s needs.