Those home workers who sell products through Amazon might be interested in the newly introduced Amazon project – Amazon Instant Website (Beta):
Build your own eCommerce Web site using Amazon Instant Website technology.
By joining the Amazon Instant Website Program, merchants selling through Amazon Seller Central can use our eCommerce technology to quickly set up their own Web site:
• Use your Seller Central listings to create a Web site using your own URL.
• Use the product descriptions and images you already uploaded to Amazon.
• Customize your Web Site with your own branding and design layout.
Build your Amazon Instant Website in three simple steps:
1. Provide basic store information – Your company name and the URL you want to use
2. Upload your company logo and select your Web site color scheme
3. Choose product categories and optionally cross-sell Amazon items on your site
Why build your Web site using Amazon Instant Website technology?
- Quick and easy set up – easily create your own branded Web site that shows just your products.
- Powered by Amazon – your Web site is reliable, scalable, and uses proven technology solutions.
- Use the secure Amazon payments system to process your orders – no need for a separate merchant payment system.
- Leverage Amazon co-branding – because customers trust the Amazon brand for security and reliability.
- Access to proven upsell and cross-sell technology and techniques –
- Automated product recommendations that offer similar functionality to what Amazon.com uses today.
- Community features and content, such as customer reviews.
- Automated merchandising, such as top sellers.
- Leverage the work you’ve already done – use the same product descriptions and images that you’ve already added to the Amazon Web site.
- Increase your sales opportunities – collect additional commissions by selling other Amazon products on your Web site through our Increase your sales opportunities – collect additional commissions by selling through our Associates Program.
For more information, please contact your Amazon Services Sales Representative.
It is a way to expand your business and benefit from Amazon experience in online shopping. Amazon takes care (for some fee, of course) of some headaches – payment systems, shopping cart, up-sell and cross-sell technologies. Your website gets great backup and is powered by Amazon. It is a way to follow for those who were thinking about starting an online store, but did not do that in the past.
In some way, Amazon Instant Website project will compete with eBay Stores and Yahoo! Shopping. It would be interesting to follow the competition of these online giants.
[tags]Amazon Instant Website, eBay store, Yahoo! shopping, online store, Amazon, eBay, Yahoo![/tags]