September 25th, 2007
3CX Small Business Phone System provides Economical Enterprise Telephony on Windows
3CX today released version 3.1 of its Small Business Phone System. 3CX Phone System is a Windows-based IP PBX that completely replaces a proprietary PABX. Its based on the open SIP standard and interoperates with a wide range of popular SIP phones, VOIP Gateways and SIP-based providers. Although it includes enterprise telephony features such as Call Queuing, Voice Mail and Auto attendant, its targeted at the SMB market – 3CX Phone System is easy to install, manage and its low cost.
“The release of 3CX Phone System is set to accelerate the massive change occurring in the Telephony market space. With 3CX Phone System, advanced features such as Call Queuing can now be obtained for a fraction of the price of traditional Enterprise PBXs. What’s more, advanced features such as integration with Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 unified messaging are not even available on today’s proprietary PBXs,” said Nick Galea, 3CX CEO.
Key features of 3CX Small Business Phone System:
* Complete phone system – provides call switching, routing & queuing
* Eliminates phone wiring & patching of extensions to a particular network point
* Makes teleworking easy because employees can answer extension from home
* Purchase cost dramatically lower than a traditional hardware small business PBX
* Scalable – Unlimited extensions and phone lines. No proprietary expansion modules needed!
* Web-based configuration & status indication – Easy phone system management!
* Unified messaging – Receive voice mail via e-mail
* Auto attendant (e.g. 1 for sales, 2 for support etc.)
* Reduces long distance and inter office call costs using VOIP providers.
* Exchange 2007 Unified Messaging integration
* Call Queues
* Certified for Windows 2003
Four available editions: Small Business, Pro, Enterprise and Free
3CX Phone System for Windows is available in 4 editions: The Small Business Edition supports up to 25 extensions, the Pro edition supports an unlimited number of extensions. The Enterprise edition includes advanced features such as Exchange 2007 integration and Call Queuing. Pricing is competitive: Small Business costs $350, the Pro runs at $895 and Enterprise costs $1250.
3CX Phone System Free edition
A free edition, supporting an unlimited number of extensions, is also available. The main difference with Pro and Small Business is that it’s not possible to buy a support package for the free edition, nor does it include the advanced features of 3CX Call Assistant. Not withstanding, the Free Edition does more than most commercial PBXs do; including an auto attendant, voice mail and even user-to-user support via the 3CX moderated product forums at http://www.3cx.com/forums/. The free edition can be downloaded from http://www.3cx.com/ip-pbx/index.html.
3CX is a privately held company with a management team backed by years of experience in developing and selling network infrastructure software. It maintains a global presence with offices in 6 countries and localized information available in German (www.3cx.de), Spanish (www.3cx.es), French (www.3cx.fr), Portuguese (www.3cx.com.br), Japanese (www.3cx.jp), Traditional Chinese (www.3cx.hk), Simplified Chinese (www.3cx.cn), Vietnamese (www.3cx.vn) and Korean (www.3cx.co.kr).
This is a sponsored review.