March 13th, 2008
Feed? What’s that?
Generally speaking, feeds are a way of sharing online content. If you want to make some material from your website available for publishing on some other web-page you give that site a feed. So to cut the long story short, it is a code that allows that site to post your blog entries or articles. There are different types of feeds – XML, RSS, Atom etc. But, in fact, they are just different ways of accessing the same feed.
Here, at Dropshiparea.com, we try to follow all the latest trends in both affiliate marketing and business solutions. To tell you the truth, until recently, we never considered feeds as a valuable source of content, but we tried and realized that it is a working scheme of data exchange between us and our worthy dropship suppliers
Sydney Johnston, the Internet expert says: “The great thing about a feed is everybody wins.” How could that be? Very simple – the author of the article gets readers, the readers learn something new and the online seller gets an endless source of high-quality content.
Can Feeds help an Online Business?
Yes, they can, and in various ways:
- With the help of feeds you can deceive spam filters. Feeds are optional. If a user wants to get a feed, he/she will subscribe to it, if not – unsubscribe. No more wars for readers’ inboxes.
- Feed are a source of free content. How to make your site stand out in a crowd? Fill it with worthy content. For your business it can be very useful – you can write and thus make your clients read about the products you are selling. You have to make sure that your feeds are up-to-date. In this case they can become a good reason for clients to come back to your page.
- Search engine ranking improvement. Search engines are keep on fresh and constantly updated content, so feeds are exactly what you want. You can kill two birds with one stone – fill your page with interesting entries and improve your search rankings.
- If you have Affiliate Marketing schemes feeds can be a great asset to you. In this very respect they are very similar to banners but they don’t look commerce.
- Increase the traffic. If other sites pick up your feeds – it is just like free advertising for you. Some of the traffic from those sites is automatically redirected to yours.
“The future of the internet for entrepreneurs is feeds. If people don’t master them, they’re going to get left behind, period.”