November 6th, 2006
Short and memorable domains are not available for years. They were picked up back in the 90’s. Yes, you can buy a nice domain name at a secondary market. But the starting bid is about 1 million dollars. If you have the funds and are ready to spend this amount of money then there are nice domain names available for you.
Stil there are much more cheaper services in this field .You will be able to register domain name without problems.
Successful domain name businessmen are not numerous. Those names that you can find mentioned in the Internet also started their domain empires back in the 90’s.
It was my opinion that an average online entrepreneur has only two opportunities to enter the domain name market:
- buy brand new domains. Choose whatever you like… from those names that are not taken yet.
- buy expired domains. Probably, not with nice and memorable names, but with some links, expired traffic, and a high probability not to be sandboxed. I have discussed the issue of expired domain names before.
But a recent discussion of a domain name market made me change my opinion. I am not sure if it works – it is on my list of techniques to test, but the webmasters who joined the thread state that there is still some room on the domain name market and it makes sense to search for domains that will provide you with type-in traffic (type-in traffic is a term describing visitors landing at a web site by entering a word or phrase in the web browser’s address bar rather than following a hyperlink from another web page, using a browser bookmark, or a search-box search.).
Your task is:
- to carry out a proper keyword research. You should target two keyword expressions
- to register those domains in your name if they are available
- to park them with any of the leaders of the market (Sedo, DomainSponsor, Fabulous)
- or: develop simple websites with the links to products coming from the companies you are affiliated with
- to get your share of advertising revenue
- to start from the beginning and get more domain names with type-in traffic.
When you are ready to buy a few domain names check for the best deals where to buy domain names.
Summary: I am sure you will not make a fortune if you by 10, 20 or even 100 domain names. I do not expect a domain name of two keywords will generate hundred of dollars in revenue monthly. But if these domain names pay for themselves within a month then the idea is definitely worth your time and effort – it is a fact that there is no easy money online.
You need to repeat you keyword research once you find a working recipe and use some atumatic service to manage your multiple domains in bulk.
[tags]domain names, expired domains, hell.com, domains, seo, internet marketing, affiliate marketing, make money online, home based job, earn your living online[/tags]