May 6th, 2006
When you start your search of home based job you think that the opportunities have no limit. Open your local newspaper or make a simple Internet search for ‘work at home jobs’ and you will see a fantastic selection of jobs that state:
* Home Based Internet Research Jobs
* Make Money On-Line or At Home !!
* Home Based Data Entry and Typist wanted!!
* Workers Needed Now! Earn Unlimited Income Easily!
* Looking For An Extra Income?
* Employment – Mail Circulars for $1500 weekly online
* $$$$NEVER LEAVE HOME!!!!$$$$
* Work at Home! Earn $$$
* Make extra cash with eBay
* Data Entry – Ad Typist at home
* Earn over $500 a day from your home at your free time
* Data Entry — Home Typist
* Home Based Typist and Data Entry
* Easy Money From Home
* Home Based Business
* Big Income From Home
* Make $300 a day
* Type at Home-
* Telecommuting & Freelance Jobs
* Make extra cash at home
* Earn $1000s from home at your own time
* Typing at Home
* Supplemental Income Opportunity
* Make real money online. NO MLM, or Home Business
* Data Entry – Typist at Home
* At Home Work
* Data Entry & Home Typist Needed
* Get Paid Daily
* Make $300 a day doing data entry
* NOW HIRING — HOME BASED WORKERS
* Make $3000 a week online
Sounds familiar? Yes, it does. When you approach the companies eager to start working asap you will discover that either you have to work with no pay for a few months (and then you ‘get rich’) or you have to invest your own funds into your new job (stamps, envelopes and other supplies). The companies can even charge you for tutorials and training that is of ‘high value and exclusivity’.
Samples of schemes to deceive people eager to start their home business:
- Envelope staffing. You make an initial deposit for the training or ‘entrance package’. Then as a rule you get some stuff and the letter where you discover that you have to promote the same envelope staffing services among your friends, relatives and on the Internet. Only if you succeed to get new ‘employees’ you will get the real job – they promise.
- Crafts. In addition to the paid training you are likely to pay for the supplies and equipment required to do the work. Once you make your first products they will say that the quality is poor. It does not matter how hard you try – you are not likely to meet their ‘high standards’. In most cases you will be lucky to sell your products at the price much lower than promised. In other cases you will not be able to sell them (to be exact they will not pay you). You will search for the ways to sell your products as well as the equipment and supplies to anyone and at any price.
There are much more work at home scams. Sometimes your employer says that the essence of your work is help to people (if you do something in the medical industry or similar) so you should understand why the pay is so low. In fact you will try to promote and sell some products/ programs. And your employer in case of your successful work will get great benefits and nice bank account increase.
How to make sure you will get paid? Get a clear explanation of your tasks; how and when you will be paid; who is your employer, all contact details; is there any cost involved to start the work (the first sign to refuse the offer); ask for their employees references; make an Internet research – you are likely to get some data: positive or negative – it will help you to make the right decision.
If you have spent your funds and became the victim of work at home business schemes you should file a complaint with the below organizations:
• The Federal Trade Commission works for the consumer to prevent fraud and deception. Call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or log on to www.ftc.gov.
• The Attorney General’s office in your state or the state where the company is located. The office will be able to tell you whether you’re protected by any state law that may regulate work-at-home programs.
• Your local consumer protection offices.
• Your local Better Business Bureau.
[tag]work-at-home scams, work at home scam, work at home schemes, job at home, home based business, home work for moms[/tag]