October 2nd, 2006
Google AdSense (aff) is a most popular way to monetize websites. It is the most popular because it is the most efficient. As a website publisher now and then I try to place myself on the other side of the barricades – to become a visitor of my websites. I try to imagine how he browses my websites, what he likes and dislikes, what he misses, why he leaves so fast, etc. One more thing I occasionally contemplate on is why they click AdSense ads posted on my websites.
There was a discussion of this very issue on webmasterworld.com recently and I share some points and ideas expressed. I just list those points that I share.
So, people click on AdSense ads because:
- the ads are relevant to their search. It works in my case as well. If I search for some information I click on AdSense ads though I know what it is;
- well blended ads. I still come across the websites that are great at blending their adsense ads seamlessly into the website design and content;
- the visitor is not familiar with AdSense ads as he is a quite inexperienced Internet user;
- the visitor wants to leave the website asap. It is a case for many spammy websites that use PPC arbitrage technique;
- the visitor is a webmaster himself or knows about making money with AdSense. He clicks on an adv to support the website owner. Webmasters who actively use AdWords are likely to be indignant with this pint.
Summary: There are more reasons why people click on these ads, no doubt. But I share the ones you see above. And I am sure it is a mixture of different reasons why people click on these ads.
[tags]google adsense, adsense, seo, internet marketing, affiliate marketing, make money online, home based job, earn your living online[/tags]