You can go different ways to start your drop ship business. One of the ways to search drop ship suppliers is to make an extensive research on the Internet. Another way is to search a drop ship warehouse in your local area. If you locate a company that sells the products that might perform well on the Internet you can visit the warehouse and attempt to set the contact with the folks. They can be unaware of drop ship business model and it might you take some time and efforts to explain them the essence and the advantages that they will get. Your task is to make them your drop ship warehouse. You can fail with some companies and succeed with others, so do not get desperate once you are rejected. It is a great advantage in drop ship business to have a local drop ship warehouse that you can visit and to some extent control their operation. Finally, you can set personal relations with the owners and become their exclusive partner in drop ship business model.
How Drop Shipping Works
by: John Lynch
One of the most frequently asked questions on the Net is: "What should I sell online?"
Many people know what products they want to sell. However, they don't know how to do this. Should they physically stock the products themselves or promote other companies through affiliate programs?
Drop shipping may be the answer for some website owners who want to become stockless retailers, whereby they keep no stock themselves. Instead they promote products on their website and get a drop shipping company to despatch these products for them.
Here are the steps involved in drop shipping:
1) You open an Internet Store with a shopping cart and accept credit cards on your site. You can also sell on Internet Auction sites.
2) You find a distributor who will "drop ship" the products you want to sell.
3) You open an account with the "drop ship" distributor(s) you choose.
4) You receive descriptions and images of the products you wish to sell from the distributor and put them on your Internet Store or Auction.
5) When a customer buys from your Store or Auction, they pay with their credit card. Your Store or Auction charges their credit card plus shipping.
6) You email the order to the drop ship distributor with the customer's name and address.
7) Then the drop shipper despatches the product to your customer from the warehouse with YOUR business name on the package.
8) The drop shipper charges you the wholesale price plus shipping. Remember you have already passed the shipping charge on to your customer, so the shipping costs you nothing.
So that's how drop shipping works. You don't have to buy products in bulk and store them, hoping to sell. You don't have to pay to have it shipped to you, and then pay again to ship it to your customer. All you had to do was send an email to your drop shipper.